Reports to: Production Manager & General Manager
Brief Position Overview
Montana Shakespeare in the Parks (MSIP) seeks a passionate, organized, self-driven, detail orientated and approachable individual who has excellent managerial & communication skills. The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality, an ability to make company members feel at ease and be excited to be involved in a thriving cultural community.
Montana Shakespeare in the Parks (General Statement)
The mission of Shakespeare in the Parks is to engage and enrich both rural and underserved communities with professional productions of Shakespeare and other classics and, through educational outreach, to inspire creative expression and appreciation of the arts in young audiences. Each summer MSIP produces a ten-and-a-half-week tour of 77 performances to approximately 30,000 people from across five states. MSIP is the only professional theatre program in the state currently touring Shakespeare’s plays, the only company in America that tours as extensively into rural areas, the only company in the region that offers its performances free to the public ensuring that all are able to attend. For the majority of the communities who participate, especially those in under-served & rural areas, MSIP is their only form of live, professional theatre. Over the past 49 years, this remarkable touring company has presented over 3,000 performances to over three quarters of a million people.
Duties and responsibilities:
In conjunction with the Production Manager (PM) & General Manager (GM), the Company Manager (CM) will help to manage and facilitate both the rehearsal process and the touring elements of the 2021 MSIP Summer shows; Cymbeline & Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
· Act as a logistical resource for the performing company.
· Coordinate cast arrival/airport pickups.
· Create Company Manager tour book.
· Serve as the first point of contact and ensure all COMPANY WIDE COVID related policies, procedures and issues are being maintained and followed.
· Build/Maintain tour supplies needs.
· Manage cash donation box at each performance and any other money obtained while on tour, while also maintaining & organizing all purchasing card receipts and/or petty cash.
· Contact Tour Coordinators to confirm and arrange details pertaining to venue, restrooms, performance time, etc.
· Reporting on all details of each performance and weekly activities to PM & GM.
· Organize and manage specifics pertaining to company housing.
· Serve as point person for cast show call times for show and times for transportation arrival, departure and breaks.
· Coordinate marketing events/appearances/photo calls, etc.
· Help coordinate closing on Parks tour and coordinate auxiliary logistics.
· Bachelor’s Degree or professional equivalent.
· Minimum two years experience of theatrical management or professional equivalent.
· Excellent writing and speaking skills.
· Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Office and email software.
· Proficiency in advanced scheduling and deadline practices and/or theatrical touring and/or booking experience.
Successful Candidate Will
· Be detail-orientated, assertive, self-driven, and able to maintain a flexible schedule that will include early morning, evening and weekend hours.
· Demonstrate strong verbal communication, and diplomatic leadership skills.
· Be comfortable managing multiple assignments and have the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion while maintaining a positive attitude in stressful situations.
· Be a crucial ambassador for MSIP and work to promote its mission with passion and commitment.
· Be a team player who shares the overall vision and mission of MSIP passionately.
Qualified & interested applicants should send current resume or CV to:
Kimberly Helms, General Manager